Golden Slack Cottage is set on the owners small working livestock farm, on the edge of the Peak District National Park in the village of Wincle in Macclesfield, only a short drive 15 from the town centre. This lovely detached barn conversion is simply spectacular, surrounded by beautiful sweeping countryside and can comfortably accommodate up to 6 people. Available for hire all year round, the Cottage is perfect for short weekend breaks and holidays.
Entry is directly into the kitchen, with a large dining space and a step down into the sitting area with its cosy woodburner, the perfect place to settle beside after a long country walk.A door leads out to the front patio area, where you can sit and take in those beautiful views.
Off the kitchen is a ground floor shower room and double bedroom, which is full of character, with a low ceiling and stone flagged floor. The first floor offers two further bedrooms and a second bathroom.
There are many walks available pretty much from the doorstep, including the Gritstone Trail, a 35-mile walking route that is famous in the North West.As well as walking, there are wonderful cycling opportunities to take advantage of and the surrounding area is spotted with traditional villages, most of which house a good food pub or two.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Oil underfloor heating on ground floor and radiators on first floor with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front enclosed patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: WiFi can be intermittent at times.
Golden Slack Cottage
Sykes Cottages Ltd
Lower Bridge Street
Telephone: 01244 356666